Here’s my Summer Send Off with a simple Peach Lavender Crisp with Oats. Today I am grateful for my family who brought me juicy peaches from their recent road trip and I’m also grateful for these mini pie dishes.
Can I use canned peaches for this dessert?
You can. You will want to drain them first.
Is this dessert gluten free?
It is indeed! The oats I use are gluten free rolled oats from Trader Joe’s. The rolled oats are so versatile. I use them breakfast, cookies, quick breads (blending into oat flour) and also love using them as a topper as I did in this recipe.
What if I don’t individual pie dishes?
No problem! You can use a small baking dish instead. This recipe was created with a smaller serving size in mind.
I can’t find Lavender- now what?
Lavender can be found in most grocery stores in the spice section. However if you can not locate any, simply omit it from the recipe.
Looking for more delicious desserts? Be sure to check out my Stone Fruit Galette.
Let’s Make Peach Lavender Crisp with Oats!
Peach Lavender Crisp with Oats
- 4 6 inch pie dishes
- 2 cups peaches peeled
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 1/2 teaspoon lavender
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a sauce pan, combine all the filling ingredients and simmer on low for about 15 minutes or until it thickens.
- When filling is done, divide evenly between the pie dishes. Then top with the crumble mixture, dividing evenly as well.
- For easier transfer, place the pie dishes on a sheet pan. Place in the oven for about 20-25 min or until top is golden.
- Remove from the oven and let it sit for about 5 minutes and then~ serve with a big scoop of ice cream and enjoy!