Hooray for pumpkin season! You gotta start November with making The Softest Gluten Free Nutella Pumpkin Muffins! These moist pumpkin muffins are easy to make and are a delicious treat.
This Nutella pumpkin muffin recipe is made with a combination of gluten free flours. The pumpkin batter is spiced to perfection and the swirl of nutella makes it complete.
These really are great for any time of year and it will become your favorite pumpkin muffin recipe!
Amazon Associate Affiliate Links Disclosure: This post contains links to products I love on Amazon. If you click through the links provided, we may receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
Original Post: November 2022 | Updated Post: November 2023.
- Almond flour. Almond flour gives a light texture to the muffins.
- Sweet rice flour.
- Tapioca flour.
- Baking powder.
- Baking soda.
- Organic cane sugar. You can use regular white sugar as well.
- Fine sea salt.
- Ground cinnamon.
- Ground cloves.
- Canned pumpkin puree.
- Vegetable oil. Coconut oil makes a great substitute.
- Slivered almonds. For the crunchy topping. This is optional but recommended.
How to make Pumpkin Nutella Muffins
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Add cupcake liners or paper liners to the muffin tins.
2. In a large bowl, add the flours, baking soda, baking powder, cane sugar, and the salt. Gently whisk to combine.
3. In a medium bowl, add the canned pumpkin, eggs and the spices. Whisk to combine then add the oil and stir.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir to combine.
5. Divide the batter between the 12 muffin cups.
6. Place the Nutella in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for about 20-30 seconds to make it spreadable.
7. Add a dollop of nutella (about a teaspoon of Nutella) to the top of each muffin. With a tip of a knife or toothpick, gently swirl the Nutella into the pumpkin mixture.
8. Sprinkle the muffin tops with the almonds.
9. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of each muffin. After removing from the oven, let them cool for about 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Helpful tips for Gluten Free Nutella Pumpkin Muffins
My recipe is made with a gluten free flour mixture of almond flour, sweet rice flour and tapioca flour. You can find these gluten free flours at your local supermarkets that carry Bob’s Red Mill. Another brand of sweet rice flour I highly recommend is Mochiko, which is sold in Asian markets. Sweet rice flour and tapioca flour are both great for gluten free baking and waffles.
You can make this recipe with 1:1 all purpose gluten free flour. The texture may change a little.
Use pumpkin pie spice if you don’t have all the individual spices.
These easy pumpkin muffins are made with pumpkin puree. You can substitute with homemade pumpkin puree.
The slivered almonds are optional and you can leave them off if you have an allergy or don’t have them. Also pecans would be delicious.
Get creative and add some chocolate chips on top.
For the best pumpkin muffin, do not over stir the muffin batter. This can cause muffins to dry out.
Another alternative to Nutella is using Trader Joe’s Almond and Cocoa Spread. I use it all the time if I don’t have Nutella on hand and I have used it for this recipe.
Pumpkin nutella swirl muffins can be enjoyed as a light breakfast with orange juice or a hot cup of coffee. It also makes the perfect treat for an after school snack.
Storing and reheating
Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Freeze in airtight freezer-safe container up to 3 months. Reheat by placing the pumpkin muffins in the microwave for 30-45 seconds.
Recipe inspiration for The Softest Gluten Free Nutella Pumpkin Muffins
Did I have you at Nutella or Pumpkin?! Pumpkin Nutella anything grabs my attention! I’ve been doing a lot of baking with sweet rice flour and I thought this flavor and texture would be the perfect combination.
Happy to report, it passed my taste tasters AKA my family. My husband says he doesn’t like pumpkin, though when he ate these, he said “mmm-mm-mmmm” and then grabbed another one. LOL
Even though I didn’t use a cream cheese frosting, my daughter likes hers with cream cheese spread in the middle of the muffins instead. Another suggestion is using Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Cream Cheese to spread on these muffins.
Need dinner ideas? Subscribe to my monthly newsletter and receive delicious recipes sent straight to your inbox!
Did you make this recipe and love it? Please leave a comment and give a 5 Star Rating! Thank you!
The Softest Gluten Free Nutella Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 15 ounce canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup nutella
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Add the liners to the muffin pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flours, baking soda, baking powder, cane sugar, and the salt. Gently whisk to combine.
- In a medium size bowl, add the canned pumpkin, eggs and the spices. Whisk to combine then add the oil and stir.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Divide the batter between the 12 cups.
- Put the Nutella in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds to make it spreadable.
- Add about a teaspoon each to the top of the muffins. With a toothpick or a knife, gently swirl the Nutella into the batter.
- Sprinkle with the almonds.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
Making this recipe? I would love to see it! Tag me on Instagram at @whensaltyandsweetunite or use hashtag #whensaltyandsweetunite .