Cumin Sweet Potatoes
When I think about eating healthy, I want it to be something fast yet delicious. This is why my Cumin Sweet Potatoes are perfect! Here is another recipe inspired by my years of Paleo and always doing an October Whole 30. Be sure to check out my post from last week, Best Spanish Chicken Soup .(Which is another one of my Whole 30 yet versatile creations)
Amazon Affiliate Link Disclosure: This post contains links to products I love on Amazon. If you click through the links provided, we may receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
Oh Sweet Potatoes
First off, I love sweet potatoes. I think they are so versatile, healthy and easy to prepare. Also you can prepare them so many different ways.
In this recipe the sweet potatoes are oven roasted. But if you love sweet potatoes like I do, here are some ideas on how to enjoy them and incorporate them more into your meal prep and planning:
- Steam them in the microwave for 6 minutes, add a little butter and salt and you’re good!
- As a French fry- air fry, deep fry or oven roast them.
- As a baked potato.
- Mash potatoes- add some ghee and coconut milk.
- Pre work out snack- steam in the microwave then add almond butter on top.
- Thinly sliced potato chips- Hello sweet potato nachos with meat, sour cream and a hint of lime juice!
- As a dessert, yup- my my my, sweet potato pie!!!
More Sweet Potato Tips
Sweet potatoes are easy to prep and store ahead of time. I like to peel at least 5-6 potatoes then cube them all up and store them into my snap ware glass containers. By doing this, it will make it easier for you when you want to cook them and are short on time.
For finding sweet potatoes, Costco has the best prices. However you can find them year round at any grocery store.
If for some reason you can’t locate sweet potatoes, you can use this recipe on Yukons or Russet white potatoes.
What’s the difference between a Sweet Potato and a Yam?
I laugh and bring this up because one day I sent my husband to the store to get sweet potatoes and he came home with yams! Now I totally ate the yams but they are indeed different. Sweet potatoes are smooth and sweeter and are a root vegetable. Yams are rough and more starchier.
They also taste differently.
Can’t get enough of Sweet Potatoes? Check out my Easy Flank Steak with Marinated Cucumbers and Sweet Potatoes recipe!
Let’s Make Cumin Sweet Potatoes!
Cumin Sweet Potatoes
- large roasting pan
- 3 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 3 large sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons italian parsley or cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into 1 inch cubes.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Add the olive oil then add the seasonings.
- Mix and incorporate well.
- Place the sweet potatoes in the oven and roast them for 20 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy !
Hit subscribe to get tasty recipes sent straight to your inbox!