One ingredient that has been putting in work for me lately is Organic Corn Flakes. And these Spring Vibes Burgers are a testimony to corn flakes greatness!
When I think of corn flakes before, I used to think of Tony the Tiger, Frosted Flakes GOODNESS with milk poured all over them and sooo much sugar, you are left with sugar milk after you devoured the corn flakes itself.
NOW… I think of corn flakes as the best and yummiest binding agent for my burgers. Though please note, I’m not using Frosted Flakes.. LOL I am using Organic Corn Flakes from Trader Joes’s.
Why are binding agents important in burgers?
The binding helps the patties stay together while cooking also they give texture and flavor. Common binders are egg and bread crumbs but you can be very creative on what kind of bread crumbs or bread you are using.
I’m telling you- you gotta try Spring Vibe Burgers!
The options with these patties are endless! They are versatile that you can serve them traditionally with a bun or you can serve it on top of a salad. Some side dishes I suggest are corn ( pictured here) , or you can oven roast or air fry sweet potato fries, or serve on top of some roast veggies and drizzle a yummy sauce on top.
What temperature should burgers be?
The minimum safe temperature is 160 degrees for beef (well done). For ground turkey or ground chicken, you want to make sure the internal temperature is 165.
Can I substitute out the meat?
Yes! Ground turkey would also work as well as ground chicken.
Let’s Make Spring Vibe Burgers!
Spring Vibe Burgers
- For the corn: in a large pot, add enough water to cover the corn and bring it to a boil. Add the corn for about 5-6 minutes. With a pair of tongs, remove the corn and place in a bowl. Butter the corn and season with the ranch spice. Set aside.
- For the beef patties, combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and form into 10 patties.
- In a non stick skillet, heat the oil on low. When the pan is ready, add the patties and cook 4-5 minutes on each side.
- For well done, the temperature should be 160 degrees.
- Serve on top of your favorite buns. Enjoy!