There’s nothing better than a hassle-free meal. My Simple Sheet-Pan Chicken Sausage with Vegetables is wonderful for the whole family. This recipe has great flavor and it’s loaded with nutritious and colorful vegetables. It’s paired with savory chicken sausage and then roasted to perfection.
Why you will love this recipe
This sheet pan sausage dinner is done in under 30 minutes!
This is a great recipe for meal prep and can be enjoyed as dinner or as a healthy breakfast (Throw some eggs over it!).
It makes a great side dish if you’re looking for healthy meal to make for the holidays.
There are many different variations to this tasty sheet pan meal and the vegetables can be swapped to your personal preference.
Check out these other amazing sheet pan meals: Sheet Pan Honey Salmon with Sweet Potatoes and Broccoli and Roasted Sheet Pan Tofu and Sweet Potato Rice Bowl.
Amazon Affiliates Links Disclosure: This post contains links to products I love on Amazon. If you click through the links provided, we may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Ingredients for this easy sheet pan meal:
- Chicken sausage links. Any brand works. I like to use Sabatino’s Paleo chicken sausage from Costco.
- Red bell peppers. Loaded with vitamin C and deee-lish! Orange bell peppers or yellow work too.
- Brussels sprouts. Brussels are my fave and they have plenty of fiber! Sub this out for broccoli or cauliflower if you like those veggies more.
- Butternut squash. Squash is packed with potassium. Potatoes or root vegetables work too.
- Red onion.
- Avocado oil. Don’t worry if you don’t have avocado oil, olive oil is perfect to use too. Cooking with avocado oil is delicious. You can bake with it also!
- Whole grain dijon mustard. This gives the chicken sausage some pizzazz.
- Spices: dried oregano, paprika, granulated garlic and kosher salt.
How to make this sheet pan chicken sausage dinner
1. Start with a preheated oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. Add the veggies. Season with one tablespoon of the avocado oil and the spices. Gently mix with your hands.
Pro tip: Make sure to have the veggies spread out and not too crowded on the pan. Overcrowding will cause them to steam and not roast. If necessary, use 2 sheets pan.
3. Add the chicken sausage along with the remaining avocado oil. Coat the sausage with the dijon mustard.
4. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes. When done, carefully remove from the oven and let it cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
Serving suggestions and other alternatives
A sausage sheet pan dinner makes a quick healthy dinner especially on those busy weeknights. There are many different variations of this that you can enjoy and rotate in your meal planning.
Using olive oil is a great alternative to avocado oil.
This easy sheet pan recipe has plenty of flavor but you can add a little parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes over the top for a little kick.
Serve this as is or on top of wild rice, brown rice or jasmine rice.
If you don’t have all the spices listed for this recipe, you can use italian seasoning, garlic powder, fresh garlic, chili powder or add a touch of maple syrup for a sweet taste.
I like to use Paleo chicken sausage for this delicious dish but there a lot of tasty options. Chicken apple sausage or turkey sausage is good or you can use pork sausage or Italian sausage.
Keep this Whole 30 or Paleo by making sure your dijon is compliant.
Use whatever your favorite veggies are! Sweet potatoes, red potatoes or yellow potatoes can substitute the butternut squash. Any root vegetables in general will work.
Green beans, cherry tomatoes, red bell pepper, green peppers and yellow onion would all be delicious for a sheet pan chicken dinner.
Helpful tips for this simple recipe
You want to make sure to use a large baking sheet. Be sure to lay sausage and veggies in a single layer. This will ensure that everything will roast and not steam.
Use parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
Try to cut the veggies and sauage in medium uniform size. Small pieces can burn and uneven pieces will result in a different cooking time.
An easy way to have this ready for busy nights is to have all the ingredients chopped up and ready to go ahead of time.
My favorite way to eat this sometimes is to have a side of ketchup! Ketchup is a family favorite over here. LOL
Many chicken sausages are precooked. If you are going to use raw sausage, that will increase the cooking time. I have not recipe tested with raw, so be sure to follow the instructions on the package to ensure it’s cooked to the proper doneness.
Storing instructions and reheating
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave in microwave safe bowl for about 90 seconds.
One of my favorite things in life are 30 minute meals! LOL! Trying to juggle between getting my kids places, doctor appointments and work commutes, etc, I need an easy weeknight dinner to fall back on. I have been making this recipe ( and other variations of it) for years and it has been a savior. Also it’s a great way to use up extra veggies leftover in the week.
I hope you have a chance to try this delicious meal in your home the next time you are looking for an easy recipe! Enjoy!
Subscribe and join my monthly newsletter to receive easy dinner ideas sent straight to your inbox!
Simple Sheet-Pan Chicken Sausage with Vegetables
- 12 ounces chicken sausage links 4 links, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper medium dice
- 1 cup brussels sprouts ends removed and cut in half
- 1 1/2 cup butternut squash medium dice
- 1/2 medium red onion medium dice
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1-2 tablespoons whole grain dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Start with preheating the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Add the veggies. Season with one tablespoon of the avocado oil and the spices. Gently mix with your hands. Make sure to have the veggies spread out and not too crowded on the pan.
- Add the chicken sausage along with the remaining avocado oil. Coat the sausage with the dijon mustard.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes. When done, carefully remove from the oven and let it cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
Making this recipe? I would love to see it! Tag me on Instagram @whensaltyandsweetunite or use hashtag #whensaltyandsweetunite .