Vegan Banana Pumpkin Waffles
I can’t go through Pumpkin season without having made Banana Pumpkin Waffles at least 3 times through the month. LOL. I want to give a big shout out to my family as we have had these waffles a lot the last few weeks as I tried to perfect the recipe. 😋
I’m so happy to share my latest Fall inspired waffle because you might fall in love with it… Ok that’s not really a pun but I tried!
Quick Vegan Banana Pumpkin Waffles Disclaimer :
This recipe is indeed a gluten free and vegan waffle however I topped mine with Nutella. I didn’t go crazy with it but oh man, how I totally suggest you do the same! Because the waffle spices are subtle, Nutella really brings it to level 10!
Let’s talk about texture :
The number one thing that makes waffles great is the texture. Like pancakes, you’re alright.. LOL but waffles – you are 9 out of 10 times what I order when I’m out for breakfast. When making them at home, here are some important tips to remember:
- As you make them, have a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. As they finish cooking, set them on the sheet pan and do not stack them. The waffles need to cool down and if you stack them, the moisture gets caught up in there and it will turn soggy.
- These waffles can come out a little delicate if they are not cooked all the way through. My waffle maker is large and the waffles can take a little longer to cook through. Be sure to check your waffles settings as this will vary.
Amazon Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains links to products I love on Amazon. If you click through the links provided, we may receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
Another reason to love waffles is because they freeze well. There is nothing like having them ready to go when you are in a hurry or your kids are screaming for breakfast! Let’s face it , waffles take time to make especially if you have a large family or group you are cooking for.
To freeze waffles, you will want to follow the cool down method noted above and then you will want to have a freezer safe container for them. Freezer safe ziplocks bags are great. Wrap the waffles in the parchment and then store in the freezer bags. Or my favorite option is using a freezer safe glass container like snap ware. The 4 cup size glass container hold waffles nicely and 2 waffles should fit. You will want to use parchment in that as well and also make sure the parchment is between the stack.
To reheat, place in the microwave for about 40-60 seconds.
Are you hooked on waffles too?! Be sure to check out my recipe for Fruity Pebble Waffles with Ube Syrup and also Little MAC’s Ube Mochi Waffles .
Let’s make Vegan Banana Pumpkin Waffles!
Vegan Banana Pumpkin Waffles
- large mixing bowl
- medium mixing bowl
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum if the gf flour has it included already, you can omit this
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar or sub with any white sugar
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large banana ripe and mashed
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg ground
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice ground
- 1/4 teaspoon clove ground
- In a large bowl, add the following dry ingredients: the flours, xanthan gum, baking powder and sugar.
- Gather the spices and add them to the bowl. Gently stir with a whisk to combine.
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- In the medium bowl, add the banana and mash up until soft. Then add the pumpkin puree.
- Add the tsp of vanilla extract and the olive oil to the banana pumpkin mixture.
- Then add the almond milk and gently combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir.
- Spray the waffle iron with non stick spray.
- Add about 2/3 cup of the batter and cook according your waffle iron.
- The waffles will be done when they are golden brown and cooked through.
- Carefully remove the waffle from the iron and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite fruits, syrup, and toppings! Enjoy!
Did you know you can get delicious recipes sent straight to your inbox? Subscribe for more!