Fruit Loop Mochi Waffles
Time to take a break from the holiday food and make my Fruit Loop Mochi Waffles.
These waffles are naturally gluten free and fun for the kids to make. My toddler thought this was the best of both worlds when he saw I was using Fruit Loops in his waffles (another love of his!)
Amazon Affiliate Link Disclosure: This post contains links to products I love on Amazon. If you click through the links provided, we may receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
What Do I Need to Make Fruit LoopMochi Waffles
This recipe is easy to make and made with a blend of sweet rice flour, tapioca flour and gluten free all purpose flour. You should be able to find all of these flours at your local grocery stores or co-ops.
Bob’s Red Mill makes all kinds of gluten free flours and also the sweet rice flour. Another brand of sweet rice flour I like and highly recommend is Mochiko. You can find the Mochiko Brand in your local Asian markets or in my amazon link.
How Do I Store Mochi Waffles
As the waffles finish baking, place them on a cookie sheet to cool. Do not stack them as this can make them soggy. When they are completely cool, store into an airtight container such as Snapware and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
You can also use a freezer safe zip lock along with parchment paper.
Are Mochi Waffles Gluten Free
I can’t say all mochi waffle recipes are gluten however my recipe is gluten free.
What Kind of Waffle Maker Should I Use
You can use any kind of waffle iron but the serving size will change. I use a belgian waffle maker so the waffles are much larger. If you want to make them smaller, use less batter when you pour it in.
What Kind of Toppings Can I Use on Fruit Loop Mochi Waffles
I suggest the following toppings:
- Fresh fruits
- More crushed fruit loops
- Lemon curd
- Vanilla greek yogurt
Have I made you hungry yet?
Looking for more delicious breakfast recipes? Be sure to make my Vegan Banana Pumpkin Waffles and also my Pork Sausage, Eggs and Polenta!
Need help with dinner? Subscribe to my newsletter and receive delicious recipes sent straight to your inbox!
Let’s Make Fruit Loop Mochi Waffles!
Fruit Loop Mochi Waffles
- large mixing bowl
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour *see note on Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 cup sweet white rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 cup fruit loops partially crushed
- 1 cup milk 2%
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- maple syrup optional, topping
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Place fruit loops in a zip lock bag and lightly crush them.
- In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients except the fruit loops.
- Whisk gently to combine. Then in another medium size bowl, add the wet ingredients and stir.
- Then add the wet ingredients to the dry. Gently fold in the fruit loops.
- Spray the waffle iron with non stick spray.
- Add batter according to your waffle maker size. Cook until light golden.
- Let them cool for 5 minutes and then serve with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!