Looking for a delicious way to enjoy low carb chili without beans? Then you have to check out my Four Pepper Cauliflower Chili! This recipe uses four different kind of fragrant bell peppers, tender cauliflower florets and ground beef.
This cauliflower chili recipe is great for meal preps or if you are looking to change up your freezer meals. It is also Whole 30 compliant and Paleo!
Not ready to cook this just yet? Be sure to save this on Pinterest to your Cauliflower Recipe folder!
Affiliate Link Disclosure:
This post contains links to products I love. If you click through the links provided, we may receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
Ingredients and substitutions
Here are the ingredients you need and some suggestions if you need to swap something out.
- Extra virgin olive oil. Avocado oil is good substitute.
- Lean ground beef. I recommend 90/10. Ground turkey can also be used.
- Bell peppers. Red bell pepper, green pepper along with yellow and orange really bring this dish to life. Feel free to use only kind of pepper or fire roasted peppers if you like.
- White onion. Yellow or red onion can be used.
- Garlic. I normally add a TON of fresh garlic but feel free to cut it down if you like.
- Whole canned peeled tomatoes. Canned diced tomatoes will work also.
- Water. Water helps with the consistency of the chili so it’s not too thick. You can also use chicken stock or vegetable broth.
- Fresh cauliflower florets. Cauliflower rice or roasted cauliflower works too. Though if using either of those, fold them in last as you don’t want the cauliflower to overcook since they are small pieces.
- Everything Spicy Seasoning from Flavor God. This isn’t a must but it’s so dang yummy. I recommend this seasoning because its low sodium, flavorful and not overwhelmingly spicy. Other spices can used in place of this such as chili powder, or a blend cayenne pepper, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, cumin, and onion powder. If using chili powder, cut back to 2 tablespoons since chili powder is way spicier than Everything Spicy Seasoning.
Alternative ways to make this Cauliflower chili
My four pepper cauliflower chili can be made as a vegan chili or vegetarian. You can substitute the ground beef for sweet potato, extra firm tofu or add in your favorite beans such as kidney beans or black beans.
Optional garnishes (some are not whole 30 or paleo) are: cilantro, avocado slices, sour cream, shredded cheese, green onions, crushed tortilla chips and fresh parsley.
Simple steps to make Four Pepper Cauliflower Chili
To make this recipe , start with preheating the olive oil in a large dutch oven over medium heat. Next add the onion and the bell peppers. Let them cook for a good 7 minutes or until they start to sweat. This step is important because all those flavors are released into the chili! You can season with touch of salt, pepper and some of chili powder and then add in the ground beef and garlic.
Let the beef cook. This can take about 10-15 minutes. You will want to stir it every few minutes to ensure the beef is cooking evenly. Add and toss cauliflower in with beef mixture.
Now it’s time to pour in the canned whole tomatoes and water. Have a large wooden slotted spoon on hand to smash down the tomatoes. Add in the remaining spices. Turn down the temperature to low heat and let it simmer for about 25 minutes. You can add in black pepper and additional salt if needed.
Store any leftover cauliflower chili in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Reasons why you will love this Four Pepper Cauliflower Chili
This tasty cauliflower chili is light and healthy yet still gives you that comfort food feel. It’s gluten free, dairy free, and packed with real nutritional ingredients. Though this is a main dish, you can also use this at your next party as a dip with your favorite tortilla chips and a dollop of sour cream. Cauliflower chili is easy to make and even better if you make it the night before and serve it the next day. If you aren’t following Paleo or Whole 30, you can add a Mexican blend of cheese on top and make this a Keto Cauliflower Chili!
Why I created this recipe
For at least one month out of the year I like to follow Whole 30. Whole 30 cuts out grain, sugar and dairy for 30 days, which in turn your body will feel the difference. Many people do it for different reasons, but as I have gotten older, my tolerance to foods have changed.
Though it’s difficult for me to follow Whole 30 all the time, I enjoy resetting my body, even if it is only for 30 days. My Four Pepper Cauliflower Chili is one of my go-to meals during this time and a bonus- my family loves it too. They eat theirs with jasmine rice or sweet cornbread.
Need dinner ideas? Subscribe to my newsletter and receive yummy recipes straight to your inbox!
Use coupon code SALTYANDSWEET23 for 10% off your Flavor God order.
Four Pepper and Cauliflower Chili with No Beans
- dutch oven or large pot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup orange bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper chopped
- 10 cloves garlic
- 16 ounce ground beef
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 28 ounces canned whole tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoon everything spicy seasoning from flavor god , (if you don't have this particular spice, you can substitute with a regular chili spice blend and decrease to 2 tablespoons)
- salt as needed
- black pepper as needed
- cilantro garnish, optional
- In a Dutch oven pan, heat one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Sauté the bell peppers and onion for about 5-7 minutes or until they start to sweat. Add the garlic and meat. Stir and let the ground beef cook for 12 minutes or until browned.
- Add one tablespoon of everything spicy seasoning and stir to blend in. Add the cauliflower florets and gently fold in.
- Add the whole peeled tomatoes and the water. Gently smash the tomatoes down with a wooden spoon. Add the additional seasoning. Let it simmer for about 25-30 min or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Let cool and serve. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
- This chili contain no beans, dairy or gluten.
- This is great for Paleo or Whole 30 diets.
- Optional garnishes (some are not whole 30 or paleo) are: cilantro, avocado slices, sour cream, shredded cheese
- If you aren’t using Flavor God Everything Spicy: Other spices can used in place of this such as chili powder, or a blend cayenne pepper, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, cumin, and onion powder. If using chili powder, cut back to 2 tablespoons since chili powder is way spicier than Everything Spicy Seasoning.
- Use anywhere from 1 – 1 1/2 cups water to have a nice consistency.
Making this? I would love to see! Tag me on Instagram @whensaltyandsweetunite and #whensaltyandsweetunite