Italian Beef Soup
I was super excited to create this Italian Beef Soup. One of my favorite ways to get my veggies in is to serve them up in a heart warming bowl of soup. Funny thing is, I asked my daughter what she was having for lunch and she said went to her usual spot ( a coffee shop near us who makes yummy soup) and got this soup with beef, carrots, pasta, etc. I’m like well guess what you’re having for dinner – a soup with beef, carrots, white beans and red bell peppers.. LOL
Most of the ingredients are from Trader Joe’s. But you can find these items at other major grocery stores.
Here are some tips:
If you don’t have Flavor God Italian Zest seasoning, you can replace it with regular Italian seasoning to your favorite seasoning.
This is a gluten free and dairy free recipe.
I don’t know about you but soup and bread go hand in hand! Warm soup and warm bread is the perfect cozy moment for me! I served mine with gluten free bread but you can use whatever bread you want. Also this is phenomenal when served over a 1/4 cup of cooked elbow pasta, gluten free pasta or white rice.
This can be made ahead and tastes even better the next day. If you want to freeze this, divide it into a freezer safe container and cool completely. Then freeze for up to 3 month.
Enjoy! Want some more soup ideas to warm you up? Check out my Red Shrimp and Corn Chowder.
Now Let’s Make Italian Beef Soup!
Italian Beef Soup
- dutch oven
- 1.5 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 2 large carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 large white onion
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 cup kale shredded
- 1 can white beans rinsed and drained
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 1 can diced tomato in fire roasted pepper 14.5 ounces
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning note-I used italian zest from FG
- In a large pan, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add the onion and bell pepper. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Cook for a couple of minutes and then add the beef and carrots. Cook until the beef is brown and then add the canned tomatoes, broth, beans and kale.
- Add the Italian seasoning and a touch of salt. Let it cook on low for about 15-20 min. The carrots will be tender and the beans should be warmed through. Taste test the soup and add additional salt if needed.
- Serve in bowls as is with fresh bread or add you can serve over cooked rice or pasta.